Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Chicken Noodle Soup for the Sick


I think one of my favorite perks of dating a chef is getting homemade chicken noodle soup when you've got the sniffles. The warm rich aroma of this chicken soup was the first thing I remembered being able to smell in days. Mmmm.

Ken first roasted a chicken to make this soup as I don't care for the taste of boiled chicken. He made homemade noodles, which was a bit of a trick as we don't currently have a pasta roller. In the end, the soup was just fantastic. As you might notice in the picture, I didn't even think of taking a picture until after I had eaten most of it (including all the noodles). I always enjoyed store bought chicken soup as a kid, but homemade soup is an entirely different experience. Well done, Ken. It was very sweet of you to make me soup.

1 comment: